Wednesday, February 2, 2011

new years

Chinese new year is only a few hours away. I'm Vietnamese but Chinese New Year seems to be the popular term. Anways, happy new year to all. May this year bring more joy then the last.

Ahhh! I hear my dad in the other room watching a lion dance on TV.
Confession: Those things still scare me. I am aware that its just people under a colorful lion suit and its obvious when you can see their feet from under the cloth but it freaks me out. We celebrate the new year at my church in a gym and every year when the lion dance begins, I hide behind the food table and pretend I'm helping my mom and the other church ladies in charge of food. The lions walk/dance around and stick its head in people's faces so if I'm behind they table I know they can't get me. I know, I know, its irrational but those things freak me out. I can still hear the drumming and banging. Ahhhhhh!

XOXO

BTW- Happy Groundhog day! :)

2 comments:

  1. nfsbdnigifesugudo buvjifdbbvghisdgb

    yes i like being random. and yes your blog is really good michelle, new years.. :)

    ReplyDelete